In early 2009 a request from a training provider in Tasmania was received by West Coast Trailers to supply a mobile special purpose training trailer.
The concept was put into plan and built to specification for use as a Confined Space Simulator Training Trailer with a secondary use as a standard enclosed box trailer for transport and storage purposes.
Now, our confined space trailers are used by organisations throughout Australia and we are one of the only businesses to offer Confined Space Mobile Training Trailers.
Main features of the confined space trailers:
- Fully enclosed working deck with anchor points for attachment of all staff when training
- Circular access hatch on roof for “confined space entry” training. Round hatch does not fall through the hole when open.
- Ability to set a tripod up over the access hole
- Flush mount davit base built into structure of trailer for installing davit for confined space winching training
- The safety railing has a sliding gate on one side, to allow students to conduct over-the-side descents for heights training using the davit system
- Trailer is extremely stable, with stabilizers in each corner, and for heights training “outriggers” for over-the-side descents